vespamore photography
- 35mm film photography by Paul Hart, gallery - here

RETROSPECTIVE SCOOTERS
book, photography by Paul Hart, available to order via link -
here

RETROSPECTIVE CYCLES book, photography by Paul Hart, available to order via link - here

Disclaimer: any images or content not owned or produced by me remain the copyright of their original owner. The material and content contained within or provided are not to be used for commercial purposes, or distributed commercially without permission from the owner.

Please notify me by email of any errors or omissions, they will be immediately updated, corrected or removed.

2.4.15

Douglas Vespa 152L2

Douglas Vespa 152L2


Here are the film shots I took of this 152L2 last week at Retrospective Scooters. Apparently this belongs/belonged to an older gentleman and was used as his daily transport back in the 1960s. This was brought in to Retrospective by the guy's daughter-in-law for a complete restoration as a surprise birthday present for her husband/original owner's son.

It's a nice story but what a shame it's being restored to 'like new' condition, when all it requires is a wash and mechanical overhaul..! I don't know but guess the owners don't really understand what they have, its history or provenance. It has a beautiful, nicely weathered Douglas legshield badge and Cowies dealer badge on the rear frame. Not to mention details like the Vespa script on the fork link cover and rear brake pedal, also love the 3D white letters & numerals on the rear registration plate. I know the guys at Retrospective are just doing what's being asked of them and will do a top job of the resto but sad to see another one 'lost' like this...

I took a couple of iPhone shots of this the same day, one of which shows the rear brake pedal and rare HIWAY seat cover, see here. To see the full set I took on my Olympus OM-2N film camera, click link here

This pale blue vespa would have sat very nicely alongside many of the classic vespas I shot for the second edition of my Retrospective Scooters book; maybe it should be added to the next edition if I do one? In the meantime and until then the second book is still available to order here

www.vespamore.bigcartel.com

www.retrospectivescooters.com


3 comments:

  1. Beautiful scooter, I have one of these, 1961 vespa douglas 152 L2 build in bristol. My pride and joy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cool, email me some pics if you like Karen - vespamore@hotmail.co.uk

      Delete
  2. I have one not as good, the floor on this has had it and needs replaced, why let it rust till nothings left, cant understand that thinking

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...